If you cannot choose between VAT and Accounting challenges? In this role you can do both and you can show your expertise in the fast-moving environment of one of the leading Dutch Telco’s.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other–whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace. With over 8,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.
This is what you do
As a Vat Accountant you will report into the Manager OPEX Accounting in the Accounting department. You are the driver of running and enhancing the VAT related financial processes leading to the timely, correct and complete VAT accounting and preparation of the VAT return. You are the key link between our Tax department, Accounting team and Shared Service Center. You will continuously challenge yourself and the departments involved in the end to end process around VAT to enhance the control and quality of our financial processes around VAT.
This is how you do it
- Improve and embed the VAT accounting process fully aligned with the VAT return process, by implementing and maintaining the VAT return model, set the VAT return policy with the VAT specialists and ensure adherence to this policy.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete VAT accounting. End-to-end support for accurate and timely recording of transactions for these areas, including (but not limited to); journaling, balance sheet reconciliation, reporting, analysis and ensuring USGAAP/IFRS and ICOFR compliance.
- Initiate, oversee, coordinate and execute the VodafoneZiggo VAT return process.
- Timely follow up on any issues and opportunities underlying the VAT Accounting and VAT return process in close collaboration with business owners and the Tax department.
- Liaise with Shared Service Center on accounting and control activities performed around VAT process.
- Support the quarterly corporate income tax accounting activities, reviewing and recording the corporate income tax packs delivered by Tax department.
- Participating in (adhoc) projects impacting VAT and contributing in continuous improvement of our systems and processes leading impacting VAT.
- Accurate, proactive and able to meet deadlines
- Hands-on mentality
- Data driven
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
You’ve got what it takes
For this vacancy of Vat Accountant at VodafoneZiggo, you have:
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in (VAT) accounting in preferably larger (international) enterprises.
- Proven experience in VAT accounting, VAT return processes and corporate income tax accounting (preferred) in a corporate environment
- Practical ERP expertise (preferably SAP / Oracle).
- Exceeding Excel knowledge
- Working knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP (preferred)
- Bachellor+ level in Accountancy
You deserve it
- An ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
- A good salary. Perfectly in line with your background
- Financial benefits. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension and other employee-friendly schemes
- Potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just send Lotte Bijleveld (Recruitment) a message Lotte.Bijleveld@vodafoneziggo.com
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.