The merger between Vodafone and Ziggo created a powerful converged communications services provider. To fully leverage our competitive advantage, we need to become even more integrated than we already are. From a technological perspective, this requires harmonizing and aligning a myriad of business processes, and making infinitely scalable end-to-end solutions the norm.
As our Senior Network Service Designer, you engineer, deliver and maintain innovative, reliable and cost efficient network services and platform, providing your stakeholders a good and reliable service.
- The Senior Network Service Designer is accountable for service roadmap of all Network services. He/she is leading the end to end functional and technical design, manages (from technical perspective) the deployment and integration of the Network Services and is accountable for the technical life cycle management of the entire network service chain.
- End to end is key to success in the service environment. Therefore the Senior Network Service Designer is Object owner of the entire Service. Meaning securing the service by taking responsibility for the overall technical direction of the object, assuring that it will stay open for changes and that these changes be implemented in a technically excellent way. By doing so he/she is able to deliver the right quality of service.
- Cross domain, cross technology and business broad the Senior Network Service Designer is the linking pin from technical perspective. Translating business requirements into the right and best possible customer solution is crucial. He/she will work closely together with all technology departments and other business units to make the Vodafone business a success.
- The Senior Network Service Designer takes care of the highly complex services, is the sparring partner for the manager Service Engineering and can act as mentor of the Service Engineers. Besides this, the level of experience in general is higher, with a longer history of technical telecom knowledge, leading design teams and able to interact on leadership team level.
- You’re accountable for the network End to End service roadmap, including overall design, build, implementation and LCM of the appointed network services. Being the object owner for these services.
- Accountable for the functional and technical design of the end to end service.
- Accountable for translation of service and business requirements into best and optimal service solution.
You are experienced in executing feasibility study, creation of or leading the High Level Design that fits the service and business needs (scope, cost and quality). Leading detailed design and implementation of the service. Being the authority of the overall technical design, from cradle to grave. You will steer internal as well as external (vendors / partners) design teams and being accountable for the end result.
Next to this you’re the technical lead of the projects and act as the technical counterpart for the project /program managers (deploy mngt). Practical understanding of relevant technologies and a structured approach to problem solving using a helicopter view. An enthusiastic Network Service Designer who is:
- Culturally sensitive
- Communicative, pragmatic and persuasive
- Strong performance & customer orientation
- Ability to adapt and live in a continuously changing environment to deliver results during change
- Ability to switch from analysis to action
Your Key assets
- Experience in a complex technical telecom network environment (> 5 years).
- Experienced in the network service of telecommunication infastructures
- Experience in developing technology architectures, roadmaps and driving service design & development.
- Solid Knowledge of Network Design, Architecture and Core Network experience (>3-5 years).
- Understanding to translate business requirements to technical designs and developments.
- Experience of writing and reviewing technical design documentation
- A master’s degree would be highly appreciated.
- Great stakeholder management skills.
About this Position
The Service platforms and e2e solutions department is part of the Vodafone Technology Business Unit and part of the Mobile Network Department. You’re within Mobile Network end-to-end responsible for the Services and Platforms assigned.
Our Service platforms and e2e solutions team, exists of 15 colleagues.
We are currently recruiting 2 Network Service Designers, who would use their knowledge and skills to engineer new network services and platforms, maintain the service and underlying platforms and align with stakeholders on the business needs for the Network Evolution Plan.
You deserve it
- an ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
- a good salary. Perfectly in line with your background
- financial benefits. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension and other employee-friendly schemes
- potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Arthur Rijk (recruiter) at: 06-24904466 or send us a message; email@example.com.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.