Would you like to be part of a dynamic company, that exists of men and women from different nations and backgrounds? Vodafone-Ziggo value’s diversity, drive, innovation, and a good laugh. Want to apply your skills and work with us to be the front runner in service engineering? Stop searching and read this.
The Senior Service Engineering & Delivery department is part of the Vodafone Technology Business Unit and part of the Mobile Network Department.
The Senior Network Service Engineer is within Mobile Network end-to-end responsible for the Services and Platforms assigned.
To complete our Service Engineering and Delivery team we are currently recruiting 2 Network Service Engineers that will use his or her knowledge and skills to engineer new network services and platforms, maintain the service and underlying platforms and align with stakeholders on the business needs for the Network Evolution Plan.
What you do for our stakeholders?
Together with your colleagues of the Network team you engineer, deliver and maintain innovative, reliable and cost efficient network services and platform, providing your stakeholders a good and reliable service.
What you are going to do?
• The Senior Network Service Engineer is accountable for service roadmap of all Network services. He/she is leading the end to end functional and technical design, manages (from technical perspective) the deployment and integration of the Network Services and is accountable for the technical life cycle management of the entire network service chain.
• End to end is key to success in the service environment. Therefore the Senior Network Service Engineer is Object owner of the entire Service. Meaning securing the service by taking responsibility for the overall technical direction of the object, assuring that it will stay open for changes and that these changes be implemented in a technically excellent way. By doing so he/she is able to deliver the right quality of service.
• Cross domain, cross technology and business broad the Senior Network Service Engineer is the linking pin from technical perspective. Translating business requirements into the right and best possible customer solution is crucial. He/she will work closely together with all technology departments and other business units to make the Vodafone business a success.
• The Senior Network Service Engineer takes care of the highly complex services, is the sparring partner for the manager Service Engineering and can act as mentor of the Service Engineers. Besides this, the level of experience in general is higher, with a longer history of technical telecom knowledge, leading design teams and able to interact on leadership team level.
A Senior Network Service Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
• Accountable for the network End to End service roadmap, including overall design, build, implementation and LCM of the appointed network services. Being the object owner for these services.
o Network Evolution Plan
Participates in NEP discussions with Governance & Demand
Holistic area view
• Accountable for the functional and technical design of the end to end service.
• Accountable for translation of service and business requirements into best and optimal service solution.
• Executing feasibility study, creation of or leading the High Level Design that fits the service and business needs (scope, cost and quality). Leading detailed design and implementation of the service. Being the authority of the overall technical design, from cradle to grave.
• Steer internal as well as external (vendors / partners) design teams and being accountable for the end result.
• Being the technical lead of the projects and act as the technical counterpart for the project /program managers (deploy mngt). Working in the triple (architect / project mngr / service engineer) is key.
As Senior Network Service Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Experience & skills in complex technical telecom network environment (> 5 years).
• Experienced in the network service of telecommunication infrastructures (> 8 years)
• Experience in developing technology architectures, roadmaps and driving service design & development.
• Experience in leading cross functional technical teams comprising commercial, service and technical staff (> 8 years).
• Solid Knowledge of Network Design, Architecture and Core Network experience (>3-5 years).
• Understanding to translate business requirements to technical designs and developments.
• Experience of writing and reviewing technical design documentation
• HBO level of Technical education or level by experience
What we expect from you
An enthusiastic Network Serivce Engineer who is:
• Culturally sensitive
• Communicative, pragmatic and persuasive
• Strong performance & customer orientation
• Ability to adapt and live in a continuously changing environment to deliver results during change
• Ability to switch from analysis to action
We believe in our people and the way we work. This enables us to be successful. That is why we are always looking for people who are curious, and more importantly that are open to change and the world around them. But we expect more from you, we give you the freedom to manage your work in such a way that you can combine your work and private live optimally. That is why it is important that you can manage yourself to perform. To provide our stakeholders with the best possible experience you also need to be able to work with different teams and areas of expertise. We give nothing for free, we provide a lot of opportunities, but yourself are responsible for taking or creating these opportunities. Curious if you are a fit with us? Then take our mentality test; https://werkenbij.vodafone.nl/mentaliteitstest
What we offer you
• A good salary and a bonus scheme.
• We pay your full pension and a substantial part of your health insurance if you take part in our collective insurance.
• A mobile phone with a free subscription.
• 30 days of leave per year based on a 40 hour workweek.
• An open and informal company culture and a team of enthusiastic colleagues.
• Plenty of opportunities to grow and to develop yourself.
Are you interested in this role or do you want to know more?
If you are interested in this position you can apply online. If you want to know more feel free to contact me Arthur Rijk; Corporate Recruiter Technology a.i. +31 6 24 90 44 66
Meld je aan voor Inside VodafoneZiggo en ontvang nieuws en vacaturesAanmelden