The Senior Accounting & External Reporting Specialist is responsible for interpreting accounting issues under US GAAP, IFRS and Dutch GAAP and ensures that VodafoneZiggo is compliant with accounting standards at all times. You will ensure accurate and timely reporting to external parties and together with your team you are involved in e.g. preparation of statutory accounts, bond reports, press releases and various other external reports.
Enjoy the challenge
- You are the specialist! You are responsible for drafting and reviewing of position papers on challenging accounting issues at VodafoneZiggo;
- Sparring partner for our business for new product implementations, commercial offers and complex deals;
- You advice the accounting team on the treatment of complex transactions such as refinancings, M&A activities and non-routine transactions;
- You support the preparation and review of external (statutory) reports;
- You are the first point of contact for the external auditor during the audit.
This is what you’ll do:
In your role as Senior Accounting Compliance & External Reporting Specialist you will also be partially overseeing the work of for 2 Accounting Compliance & External Reporting specialists. Together with your teammembers, you are responsible for a wide variety of ad-hoc projects and complex accounting issues, you combine this with the more structured external reporting obligations. You report to the Manager Accounting Compliance & External Reporting.
Write history, shape the future.
Together with 4 colleagues you make up the Accounting Compliance & External Reporting Team. Your team is part of the Finance Operations department, part of the business unit Finance. Utrecht will be your home base.
This is where you will feel at home.
- An office that reflects VodafoneZiggo’s identity: digital!
- Easy access to public transportation + inner city fun; the train station and Utrecht city center are five minutes away
- Central Office is as dynamic as our networks; prepare to get energized!
- Great coffee at our coffee bars – our baristas are always happy to serve
- Good food: enjoy tasty, chef-prepared dishes in our restaurant, Club Connect
- An after-lunch game of FIFA or Pacman? Or a race in our F1 simulator? Fun is included!
VodafoneZiggo connects millions of people and organizations. This is how we create value. For individuals. And for society as a whole. From our technicians and customer support professionals, to all of our office staff; our 8.000+ colleagues are eager to drive that positive change. To do so, we share three values: Open Up, Team Up and Step Up. These represent thinking positively, listening to and learning from each other, with a focus on collaboration, plus a penchant for thinking and acting out of the box. That calls for people who dare to transcend their comfort zone and face challenges with a welcoming smile. Is that you? Let’s meet up!
Do it your way
And dare to grow. All roads are open as Senior Accounting Compliance & External Reporting Specialist at VodafoneZiggo. The ideal candidate has the following skills:
- Accurate and eye for detail
- Strong analytical skills and can easily switch from detailed analytical analysis to overseeing larger projects
- Organizational talent and goal orientated
- Strong written communication in English (clear, to-the-point, consistent and adapted to the audience)
- Resilient and able to cope with deadlines and ad-hoc requests
- Experience with coaching team members
Got what it takes?
- 7+ years of experience at a Big4 audit firm (or experience in an external reporting role)
- US GAAP, IFRS and Dutch GAAP knowledge
- Dutch registered auditor (RA) or international equivalent
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour working week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between € 4.500 and €5.300 per month, plenty of growth potential and an attractive bonus plan to boot
- 20 days of paid leave
- A monthly Benefit Budget of 14.95% of your gross salary. To use as you see fit! Put money aside for an adventurous (or super leisurely) holiday? Save up for a sabbatical? Take a few extra days off? Or simply spend the extra cash on whatever you fancy? It is up to you!
- Unlimited Learning! Take an online Teamwork course or sign-up for Spanish classes. The VodafoneZiggo menu has thousands of educational choices – an all you can learn experience!
- A voucher for a smartphone, and a Vodafone subscription to go with it. And yes, you can use it for personal calls as well.
- Discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products and services
- A worry-free pension plan that also allows you to save extra
- An NS-Business Card tailored to your personal travel habits. Including a 1st class option, that you can even use for personal trips
- The option to work part-time
- Flexibility: work where and when you perform your best
- We value social impact. You can participate in social initiatives during work hours and increase your positive contribution. An example? By joining our Online Masters program, you can teach children how to navigate the digital world safely and responsibly.
- Setbacks in your personal life? We offer excellent (financial) arrangements to minimize the impact of adversity. For example when you are unable to work.
- Substantial discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and (much) more
Apply for the position of Senior Accounting Compliance &External Reporting Specialist. Questions? Call or app Recruiter Lotte Bijleveld at +31 6-21360339 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll have all the answers soon!