As a Scrum Master you are passionate about agile delivery, relentless improvement and growing high-performing teams. Within the new Digital Engineering Tribe your main purpose is to solve impediments and drive continuous improvement of squads.
This is how you do it
The Scrum Master facilitates and mentors the team to grow in Agile mindset, their way of working and the team maturity. The Scrum Master spends time on communicating, coordinating and cooperating with other team members and squads to ensure that the squad works most effective towards their goal in a sustainable pace. This is done in an inspect and adapt manner, continuously improving to increase agility and performance. Your work location can be either Amsterdam, Utrecht or Maastricht.
The Digital Engineering tribe is a cluster of platform teams that help and enable the software development teams in VodafoneZiggo. Our purpose is ‘Make IT easy’, and by doing so enable other squads to get better, faster, cheaper and happier.
We look at ourselves as a lean startup but we have big dreams and ambitious goals. Automation and standardization are our mantra. Engineering excellence and continuous improvement are our norm. We challenge each other, help each other, continuously improve ourselves and have lots of fun along the way.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is a company of two strong Dutch companies who joined forces. Since January 2017, we have been a strong combination together in the Netherlands. As a communication provider we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed telephony and internet. With our products and services we inspire people, companies and society to make contact. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
With more than 8000 employees, we are full of energy, ambitious and socially involved. Proud of what we perform and with whom we do this. With plenty of room for everyone to develop and take advantage of opportunities.
Our organization is rapidly and massively transforming itself to become more customer oriented, more adaptive, more responsive, more data-driven and more digitally focused. This implies big changes to our IT and our way of working. The Digital Engineering tribe plays a crucial enabling role in this transformation.
Where do you meet your colleagues? A few examples...
(When we can)
- At our team- and tribe meetings either in Amsterdam or Utrecht.
- In the Ziggo Dome or during a party with all colleagues from VodafoneZiggo.
- For a drink or dinner near our central office, almost on top of the Central Station of Utrecht. How accessible do you want it to be?
- Support implementation of Collaboration@work and Agile mindset to increase agility (autonomy, collaboration, value delivery);
- Ensure the goals of the standard events are met, such as; QPE break-outs, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, refinement and retrospectives;
- Make sure the squad embraces a growth mindset and stimulates test-and-learn cycles;
- Support and challenges the PO with maintaining a sustainable working pace;
- Drive continuous improvement and learning on both product and process;
- Make sure the squad removes impediments that hinders them from reaching their objectives;
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters so ‘’good/best practices’’ are shared across squads for the entire Tribe and across other Tribes.
You have it in you
- Strong and structured coordinator;
- Strong collaborator – empathy, ask questions, focus, negotiator;
- Experience with coaching capabilities - motivator, emotionally intelligent, people skills;
- Pragmatic approach - thinking in deliverables, short term thinking (sprints) and ‘’can do’’ mentality;
- Reflecting - giving and receiving feedback;
- Extensive experience as a Scrum Master or otherwise in building high-performing teams;
- Good command of the Dutch language!
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €3767,- and €5381,- (TW12) per month, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme;
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too;
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off;
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls;
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products;
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income;
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately;
- If you want, you can work for us part-time;
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best;
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly;
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan;
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more;
- Location either Amsterdam, Utrecht or Maastricht;
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just send a message to Freek Kranendonk firstname.lastname@example.org
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.