The Senior Manager Accounting is responsible for the processing, recording, classification, consolidation and interpretation of VodafoneZiggo financial results, whilst ensuring compliancy with all applicable accounting standards (IFRS, US GAAP and Dutch GAAP) for all entities with Vodafone Group Holding B.V. This includes General Ledger, Fixed Asset Registration, Treasury- & Tax accounting as well as Cash Management activities. The Accounting team focuses on world-class processes, financial integrity and expanding the expertise needed for a semi-publicly listed company with two international shareholders and over EUR 10 billion in debt.
This is how you do it
You strengthenThe Senior Manager Accounting strengthens the department of Finance Operations. You will lead the Accounting team of circa 40 team members. Your direct reports consist of 3 managers and circa 5 single contributors focusing on Tax, Treasury and Cash Management. You will report into the Director Finance Operations in the Business Unit Finance.Who we areVodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other–whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace.With over 8,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.You’ve got what it takesEsucational level & experience:
- You provide leadership, strategic direcion and are accountable for the development and deployment of group accounting that ensures compliance with IFRS, USGAAP, Dutch GAAP and other international rules and laws.
- You oversee three accounting teams with separate team managers: gross profit accounting, OPEX accounting and Fixed assets Accounting including activities performed in shared service centers . You also manage the cash management team directly as well as the ta-&treasury accounting specialists.
- You supervise the accurate processing of financial results per reporting period (month/ quarter/year) including administrative recording (of all changes) in all relevant systems (Oracle and SAP) and for all VodafoneZiggo entities. You manage technical interfacing sub ledgers to general ledger.
- You coordinate the timely delivery and completeness of all financial figures, results and analyses required for VodafoneZiggo reporting.
- You are responsible for providing information for periodic reviews and audits by the exteral auditor: you ensure delivery of data and information requested
- You run efficient and well-controlled cash management procedures and you develop accounting expertise in the areas of tax- & treasury accounting
- You drive innovation in the team, simplification, automation and the implementation of new technologies lead to more efficiency and a higher value add from finance to the business
- Lead, manage and develop a team located in multiple locations: staffing, review of outputs, coaching, motivate and develop the team on professional and personal level to worldclass corporate standards.
The successful candidate:
- 15 years+ experience in Accounting
- 10 years of experience in a Finance management position
- University degree
- Master degree RA
You deserve it
- Is a pro-active, flexible individual who is capable of succeeding in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Has an exceptional eye for detail and accurateness.
- Is used to running large projects on top of business as usual such as ERP-implementations, tooling implementation and improvement projects, you are well equipped to set priorities for the teams.
- Drives continuous improvements but pays attention to delivery as well, you do not lose sight on targeted results and have the capability to get across the finish line.
- Will utilize its own opinion and initiative to ‘get things done’, both towards the team as well as being a company-wide ambassador.
- Is able to build the best team: lead by example, create a vision, motivate and develop your team members and cooperate closely with your peers by means of delivering support but challenge each other as well.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communications skills It requires an interest and/or familiarity with business systems such as Oracle and HFM
- an ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
- a good salary. Perfectly in line with your background
- financial benefits. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension and other tax-friendly schemes
- potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just send Mignon Coolegem a message; email@example.com
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.