Join us in our adventure and create your data science legacy!
At VodafoneZiggo we are incredibly excited about Advanced Analytics and the enormous potential for progress and innovation. VodafoneZiggo reaches 5,1 million mobile and 3,8 million fixed (TV & broadband) customers in the Netherlands, all with unique behaviors and experiences. In the Cloud we store the tremendous amount of data that is generated every single second in our mobile and fixed networks. This means that we have a vast body of rich information, which if unlocked, can lead to something very special. The raison d'etre of Advanced Analytics is to improve; to support the business in unlocking its potential; to better serve our customers and to create opportunities for social good.
Over the past four years Advanced Analytics has proven its added value for both our customers and VodafoneZiggo. We are currently entering the next maturity phase with an ambition to scale our impact exponentially across business units, putting the power of Advanced Analytics in the hands of more colleagues. This appointment provides a fantastic opportunity to build, grow and create legacy. It’s a great time to join to help shape our Advanced Analytics capability, and do things here for the first time.
This is what you do for our customer
Advanced Analytics cases are including, but not restricted to:
- Predictive maintenance of our networks;
- Improving cross- and deep sell of our products, reducing churn;
- Product and service recommendation;
- Improving the customer’s satisfaction at all touch points and customer journeys;
- Development of AI driven products & services;
- Smart Cities and IoT solutions.
Implementation of these cases will be achieved by developing predictive and prescriptive models with large and varied datasets, working with a community of colleagues across Advanced Analytics, Technology, Customer Operations, B2C/B2B and Digital functions
This is how you do it
To contribute to this purpose you will need to:
- Advice (senior) management on the usage of Advanced Analytics products and act as a sparring partner;
- Contribute to the development of self and others across the analytics community, ensuring Advanced Analytics is always evolving and at the cutting edge;
- Explore, design, develop & test analytic models to industrialize insight into operations;
- Come up with new ways to create a positive impact for our customers and our company;
- Use data visualization to engage audience in a compelling way, enabling effective storytelling.
The Advanced Analytics team at VodafoneZiggo is expanding in Utrecht. Led by Aziz Mohammadi, there is a great deal of energy and commitment within business and we are dedicated to hiring only the very best talent. We are creating a community of experts, who will work with each other and with our business to guide VodafoneZiggo on its Advanced Analytics journey. In this community there is a strong cooperation with our global teams which we can leverage for sharing experiences and globally created practices and products.
You’ve got what it takes
Being a Lead Data Scientist at VodafoneZiggo requires you to be focused on both business and customer impact. You play a crucial role in the Advanced Analytics team, encouraging and challenging the team, stimulating teamwork, taking responsibility, steering novices, delegating work and hiring new team members. And needless to say, you like to have fun while you’re creating data science magic. If you recognize yourself in this profile, please read on.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- +8 yrs of relevant work experience;
- You are recognized as an expert in the data science community and are the go-to person for technical questions (with deep modelling expertise);
- You have the ability to take the lead role in complex projects (from technical side) and set clear technical guidelines for the team;
- You can interact with data engineers, cloud engineers, machine learning engineers, DevOps on their level of expertise and validate the quality of the created products;
- You have experience in setting the strategy and way of working in the cloud (AWS) for developing AI products;
- You write tutorials and give training (in and outside of VodafoneZiggo). You get invited to speak at conferences;
- You can translate complex content into easy to comprehend pieces;
- You love to work in a fast-paced environment using Agile (e.g. Scrum, Lean and Kanban).
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Social Sciences, Data Journalism, or related fields
- Highly proficient in statistical packages and Machine Learning libraries (e.g. Python Scikit-learn, SciPy and NLTK, Spark MLlib)
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and cloud platforms (e.g., SageMaker, EMR, Fargate, EC2)
- Proficient in at least one relevant programming language/tool: R, Python, Spark, Scala, Java, C++
- Familiarity with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, D3)
You deserve it
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €5300,- and €7490,- per month, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme;
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too;
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off;
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls;
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products;
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income;
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately;
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best;
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store;
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly;
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan;
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more.
You do it
Apply for the position of Lead Data Scietist! Questions? Mail to email@example.com. You’ll have all the answers soon!
- We will let you know in 7 days if we’d like to meet.*
- Are we both positive about that first talk? Then we’ll invite you to our online TalentPitch, for a Culture Fit and a Braingame exercise. To speed up the process, we also schedule a second meet-up straightaway!
- Are all systems go? Then we’ll make you a job offer.
- A pre-employment screening and an assessment is part of the hiring process.
* To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, our first meeting is online. Check this page to learn about our full range of measures and procedures.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition