VodafoneZiggo is a joint venture that was formed on December 31, 2016 of Liberty Global, the largest international TV and broadband internet company and Vodafone Group, one of the world’s leading telecom companies. It is a leading Dutch company that provides fixed, mobile and integrated communication and entertainment services to consumers and business.
In the role of Jr Financial Controller Business to Business (B2B), you have the opportunity to be part of this newly formed organization in a dynamic, high volume, no-nonsense and fast-paced environment. You will be working in a team of highly motivated professionals that want to move forward and it offers you the possibility for personal growth in an international setting.
This role of Financial Controller B2B reports directly to the Sr. Manager Financial Control and is responsible for supporting the B2B FC team in assessing, analysing and driving improvement of B2B as well as metrics tracking. In addition the Controller B2B will drive ongoing analysis and required documentation related to the IFRS 15 revenue recognition standard for both, B2B and B2C channels. The candidate will work closely within the B2B(B2C) Financial Control team as well as Senior Management, B2B Business and other Finance teams.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to identify and support data-driven analytics and it requires an interest and/or familiarity with business systems such as Oracle, SAP and HFM. Furthermore, this position requires a pro-active, flexible individual who is capable of succeeding in a fast paced, changing environment as well as one who will utilize its own opinion and initiative to ‘get things done’. Attention to both detail and the full picture are key and you must have the will and ability to continuously improve yourself.
- Supports analysis of financial results (period over period, vs. budget etc.) – prepare analysis and help explaining these results towards stakeholders including Senior Management, shareholders, auditors and investors
- Supports IFRS 15 implementation for B2B and B2C with regards to required analysis, sample testing, audit documentation
- Prepares ongoing monthly IFRS 15 related analysis and sample testing as required for B2B and B2C
- Assists in creating and maintaining monthly B2B analyses
- Prepares and present parts of the monthly financial analysis and reports to Senior Management
- Assists with forecasting the B2B and metrics for monthly, yearly, and long range plan cycles
- Works with business units regularly to understand B2B forecasts and variances
- Generates ad hoc management reports and/or analysis as needed by Senior Management
- Collaborate with Business and Finance teams to evaluate actual performance compared to plan/forecast and prior year
- Through exceptional written and verbal communication skills, effectively communicate and influence all levels up to executive level management
- Build a strong relationship with relevant teams within the company as well as outside with of our shareholders Liberty Global and Vodafone Group
- Utilize financial modeling skills including B2B analysis and operations analysis.
- Drive the IFRS 15 related analysis, documentation and sample testing
- Support improvement in B2B through data analysis and financial modeling.
- Challenge yourself towards personal growth and fulfil your ambition
- Employ the use of expert Excel skills and strong ERP/Accounting system (SAP, Oracle).
- Education Level Required: Master Degree preferably in finance or economics
- Experience Required: 2 -4 years of finance related work experience.
- Knowledge Required: Knowledge of revenue streams, sales margin, commercial propositions and familiar with USGAAP/IFRS. Excellent written and verbal communications skills; adaptability and flexibility to changing environments; comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment. Ability to interact professionally and exhibit appropriate social skills. Excellent problem solving skills and sound judgment. Accuracy and attention to detail (“ always check, never assume” ) and the ability to think in concepts.