This is what you do for our customer
This function is part of the VodafoneZiggo Technology business unit and part of the Mobile Network Department. The Senior Solution Engineer (hereafter SSE) is the Solution Owner within VodafoneZiggo Technology. The SSE is end-to-end responsible for the solutions assigned.
Together with your colleagues of OSS Assurance & Tooling (hereafter OSS A&T) you deliver and maintain innovative, reliable and cost efficient tooling solutions, providing your stakeholders a reliable tooling suite and allow them to quickly identify and solve Network & IT disturbances.
This is how you do it
The SSE key responsibilities are:
- Challenge and support the team members to find optimal cross-domain solutions
- Create and maintain a culture of innovation, efficiency, value and knowledge management
- Actively listen to needs of stakeholders and be all set to exceed expectations
- Be a role model by living the VodafoneZiggo culture and values
- Motivate the team to be at the top edge of innovation and stakeholder satisfaction
- Support and enable Solution Engineers to grow in their role and responsibility
- Understand the architecture and use it as guidance to develop solutions assigned
- Take ownership of the solutions assigned
- Support the Demand & Design Authority delivering technical expertise of solutions assigned
- Design, engineer and develop the solutions assigned
The Operational Support System Assurance & Tooling (OSS A&T) team being responsible for the architecture, engineering and deployment of all VF-NL Commercial Of-The-Shelf (COTS), Open Source and in house developed tooling.
OSS A&T is a very lean and mean team, consisting of twenty-nine team members that deliver and maintain innovative, reliable and cost efficient solutions, providing our stakeholders a trusted tooling suite. We allow our stakeholders to quickly identify and solve Network and IT disturbances and provide accurate Service Insights with respect to Customer Experience.
In the role as Expert Engineer, you will be part of this team, responsible to design, engineer and develop the solutions assigned. You have to actively listen to needs of stakeholders and be all set to exceed expectations. You have to take ownership and to understand the OSS A&T architecture and use it as guidance to develop solutions assigned.
You have to support the OSS A&T Demand & Design Authority by delivering technical expertise of your solution and stimulate the OSS A&T team to be at the top edge of Innovation and Stakeholder satisfaction.
Last but now least, you get the opportunity to create and maintain a culture of innovation, efficiency, value and knowledge management in OSS A&T and to challenge and support the OSS A&T team members to find optimal cross-domain solutions to satisfy all our stakeholders in the most optimal way.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other–whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace.
With over 12,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.
You’ve got what it takes
- HBO level of Technical education or level by experience
- Experience of writing and reviewing technical design documentation
- Comprehensive IP knowledge
- Knowledge of cloud building blocks (Docker, VMWare, OpenStack, KVM)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in video domain (linear or vod)
- Conceptual understanding of live video versus file-based video
- Conceptual understanding of broadcast/multicast/unicast networks
- Conceptual understanding of audio/video codecs and meta-data
- Conceptual understanding of adaptive bitrate streaming
- Conceptual understanding of conditional access and Digital Right Management
- Conceptual understanding of relation between bitrate, sample rate, resolution, colour gamut, interlacing, frame rate, dynamic range, etc
- Understanding to translate business requirements to technical designs and developments
- Good awareness of wider technology aspects in telecommunications and ICT
- Ability to adapt and live in a continuously changing environment to deliver results during change
- Ability to switch from analysis to action
- Inter-functional relationships
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €3257 and €5118 per month, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls.
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately
- If you want, you can work for us part-time
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call our recruiter Alexander Wich at +31624927067
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.