This is what you do for our customer
This function is part of the VodafoneZiggo Technology business unit and part of the Mobile Network Department. The Expert Engineer NMS is the Solution Owner within VodafoneZiggo Technology. The Expert Engineer NMS is end-to-end responsible for the solutions assigned.
Together with your colleagues of OSS Assurance & Tooling (hereafter OSSA&T) you deliver and maintain innovative, reliable and cost efficient tooling solutions, providing your stakeholders a reliable tooling suite and allow them to quickly identify and solve Network & IT disturbances.
This is how you do it
The Expert Engineer NMS key responsibilities are:
- Adhere to OSSA&T Architecture goals and principles to provide a framework for effective Architecture governances
- Take solution ownership. Analyse, evaluate and work-out the future-proof development of OSSA&T solutions assigned
- Share knowledge and educate inside and outside the own department on subject matter expertise
- Guide OSS vendors and develop tooling to realize the OSSA&T Strategy according to OSSA&T Architecture
- Manage project lifecycle, coordinating suppliers during the implementation phase, assuring strong synchronization of the development plans with corporate roll-out and service-launch scheduling
- Ensure the implementation of the solution roadmap and secure the right capacity and feature allocation with respect to network and service evolution
- Design, engineer, implement and maintain your solution
- Act as project manager steering one or multiple vendors / suppliers. Be in the lead to ensure delivery in time, quality and budget
- Chair the project review meetings with suppliers. Discuss quality levels, deliverables, issues, define actions, make minutes, follow up on actions
- Act as project team member within projects impacting your solution for new and / or updated equipment or services
- Be the quality advocate for final approval by Network & IT Operations (NIO). Make sure that the NIO requirements are fulfilled to ensure a seamless handover phase
- Act as stakeholder manager being the spokesman / first point of contact for all stakeholders of your solution. Provide feedback to Lead Architect and Demand & Design Authority to ensure proper management of the roadmap
- Together with Lead Architect and Demand & Design Authority define / modify / improve all solution related processes and procedures. Responsible for the day-to-day compliance, monitoring and controlling of users in living up to and follow up on the defined processes and procedures. Report on findings, abuses and risks related to the processes and procedures to the OSSA&T Manager
- Act as Demand Manager to generate OSSA&T quotations describing project impact in the OSSA&T tooling suite and the related costs
The Operational Support System Assurance & Tooling (OSSA&T) team is responsible for the architecture, engineering and deployment of all VF-NL Commercial Of-The-Shelf (COTS), Open Source and in house developed tooling.
OSSA&T is a very lean and mean team, consisting of twenty-nine team members that deliver and maintain innovative, reliable and cost efficient solutions, providing our stakeholders a trusted tooling suite. We allow our stakeholders to quickly identify and solve Network and IT disturbances and provide accurate Service Insights with respect to Customer Experience.
In the role of Expert Engineer NMS you will be part of this team, responsible to design, engineer and develop the solutions assigned. You have to actively listen to needs of stakeholders and be all set to exceed expectations. You have to take ownership and to understand the OSSA&T architecture and use it as guidance to develop solutions assigned.
You have to support the OSSA&T Demand & Design Authority by delivering technical expertise of your solution and stimulate the OSSA&T team to be at the top edge of Innovation and Stakeholder satisfaction.
Last but now least, you get the opportunity to create and maintain a culture of innovation, efficiency, value and knowledge management in OSSA&T and to challenge and support the OSSA&T team members to find optimal cross-domain solutions to satisfy all our stakeholders in the most optimal way.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other–whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace.
With over 12,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.
You’ve got what it takes
- HBO level of Technical education or level by experience
- Experience of writing and reviewing technical design documentation
- 5 years’ experience with IP like routing, multicast and SNMP
- Strong knowledge of datamining. Knowledge of Skyline data miner system is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of NMS systems
- Strong knowledge of video technologies
- Knowledge of IT Life Cycle management
- Knowledge of QoE systems (like Witbe) is an advantage
- Experience with linear TV and VoD
- Audio/Video encoding
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming
- DVB-C and DOCSIS knowledge
- Meta-data housekeeping
- Understanding to translate business requirements to technical designs and developments
- Good awareness of wider technology aspects in telecommunications and ICT
- Ability to adapt and live in a continuously changing environment to deliver results during change
- Ability to switch from analysis to action
- Inter-functional relationships
You deserve it
- an ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
- a good salary. Perfectly in line with your background
- financial benefits. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension and other tax-friendly schemes
- potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call our recruiter Arthur Rijk at: 06-24 90 44 66.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.