Are you the Software Developer who is eager to learn and apply agile principles to expand VodafoneZiggo’s growing business?
As a DevOps Engineer Microservices you have the vision, drive and practical skills to build and maintain Microservices for our internal applications. You can break down the technical requirements into manageable pieces of code. You can develop that code and ensure it reaches production with the highest possible quality, in an agile way of working.
Within a squad of the Digital Engineering Tribe, you work together with your colleagues in a small and efficient team on the following areas:
- Customer Identity and Access and Authorization Management
- Customer to System API's
- System-to-System API’s
This is what you bring:
- Proven hands-on experience with API and Microservices development in general and more specifically:
- Java 8/11, Springboot, REST API, SQL
- Git, Maven, JFrog, Junit
- API Security including OAuth
- Agile DevOps experience, including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Believer and user of Test-Driven Development and CI/CD practices
- Leading by example when it comes to standardizing and automating everything you do
- You structure and document tooling and process standards as well as best practices in our internal knowledge base
- A true Software Engineering background and spirit
- A pro-active, challenging and innovative mindset
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership for feature/story-based software engineering
- Act as buddy in pair-programming
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our Agile software development for the Tribe as a whole
- 5 years in object-oriented development of technical software
- 2 years of experience with Agile/scrum.
- 3 years of experience with Java 8/11, Springboot, REST API, SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of agile methodology/ideology and scrum in particular
- Active listening, giving feedback
- Positive attitude and eager to learn
- Strives for continuous improvements, makes suggestions and encourage team members
- Thinking systematically
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
The Digital Engineering Tribe is a cluster of platform teams that help and enable the software development teams in VodafoneZiggo. We have big dreams and ambitious goals we pursue. For this we are working hard every day for the very best result. We challenge each other, help each other, continuously improve ourselves and have lots of fun along the way. Obviously as a professional you get lots of freedom to shape your own work, responsibility and space to put your own ideas into practice.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is a company of two strong Dutch companies who joined forces. Since January 2017, we have been a strong combination together in the Netherlands. As a communication provider we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed telephony and internet. With our products and services, we inspire people, companies and society to make contact. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
With more than 8000 employees, we are full of energy, ambitious and socially involved. Proud of what we perform and with whom we do this. With plenty of room for everyone to develop and take advantage of opportunities.
Our organization is rapidly and massively transforming itself to become more customer oriented, more adaptive, more responsive, more data-driven and more digital focused. This implies big changes to our IT and our way of working. The Digital Engineering Tribe plays a crucial enabling role in this transformation.
Where do you meet your colleagues? A few examples
- At our frequent team- and tribe meetings.
- In the Ziggo Dome or during a party with all colleagues from VodafoneZiggo.
- For a drink or dinner near our central office, almost on top of the Central Station of Utrecht. How accessible do you want it to be?
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls.
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately
- If you want, you can work for us part-time
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Jolanda van Roon (recruiter) at: 06-29167836 or send a message; Jolanda.email@example.com
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.