Can you make the best affordable technology plan for your Technology Domains?
This is what you do for our customer
The Demand Management Team – professionals from diverse international backgrounds and ages – needs a Demand Manager with experience and technical background, ideally in IP & Transport, to replace a colleague who moves into a new role at VodafoneZiggo. You will be part of the Technology Demand management team creating the Technology 5 year plan and budget for your domains in numbers, and explaining the components we plan to deploy. This plan is what the Technology organization designs, deploys, and runs for our customers.
This is how you do it
- You interact with business stakeholders and technology experts in several domains to understand, and challenge, the demand to be fulfilled in this area.
- You balance business and technology demand with available budgets, to optimise the quality that we deliver to our customers, while keeping budget restrictions into account.
- Your initial area of expertise ideally would be IP & Transport for Mobile & Fixed, IP services and/or Common Infrastructure & Cloud, or potentially you are eager to develop in these domains.
- You help set the vision and roadmap to prioritise our investments and develop the company and its technology towards the future – we typically plan five years ahead in numbers, more in vision.
- You create the Technology Evolution Plan and LRP in strong interaction with many experts and stakeholders.
- The first year of the plan becomes the budget for the next year, together with the lead engineer/architect and deploy manager you start up these projects and follow them through completion. This way you ensure the plan gets implemented.
The team works in close relation with the other Technology units and Finance/Business Control. Demand Managers support in making the plans in the various Technology units and create the multi-year Technology Evolution Plan (TEP) with related investments - which should also lead to reduce OPEX. The yearly updates of the TEP result from collaboration of Technology Managers and Demand managers, who involve from the units the responsible team managers, architects, engineers, and whoever needs to contribute.
…the Technology Planning & Demand Management team - we explore future technology trends, analyse customer satisfaction and performance data, and drive the creation of the Technology LRP and Technology Evolution Plan (TEP). We look at the business needs and growth trends, and at present and future technologies. We work with architects and engineers in Fixed and Mobile networks and IT to create the best possible technology plans, which must fit in the financial reality of VodafoneZiggo. The team is based in Amsterdam, Maastricht and frequently meet at Central Office in Utrecht. You will be based in Maastricht or Amsterdam. You will work closely with (and report to) the Manager Demand Management Daan Alberga.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to be in contact with each other – be it on the road, at home or in the workplace.
With over 8,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.
You’ve got what it takes
For this vacancy of Demand Manager at VodafoneZiggo:
- You combine technical insight with strong and convincing communication skills, both verbally and in written, both prose and presentations. You are able to influence others, based on arguments;
- You have a track record in understanding technical topics, preferably IP & Transport;
- You are a credible sparring partner for the people you will be working with the teams within VodafoneZiggo Technology: engineers, architects, operations contract manager(s) and the responsible manager(s);
- You have experience with making multiple year plans and budget models, and understand how these work, including building business cases;
- Understanding of and experience in agile development is a nice to have as well, as the domains you will be working in are adopting this way of working;
- You build bridges to the other parts of the company, including technology;
- You are able to create high quality content in self-explanatory slide decks, showing the development in your domain and budgets required;
- You have a Master’s degree, 3+ years of relevant experience and preferably a background in networks and/or IT.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour working week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €3.767,- and €5.380,- per month, plenty of growth potential and an attractive bonus plan to boot;
- 20 days of paid leave;
- A monthly Benefit Budget of 14.95% of your gross salary. To use as you see fit! Put money aside for an adventurous (or super leisurely) holiday? Save up for a sabbatical? Take a few extra days off? Or simply spend the extra cash on whatever you fancy? It is up to you!
- Unlimited Learning! Take an online programming course and discover the developer in yourself. Team up with colleagues for Spanish classes. The VodafoneZiggo menu has thousands of educational choices – an all you can learn experience!
- A voucher for a smartphone, and a Vodafone subscription to go with it. And yes, you can use it for personal calls as well;
- Discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products and services;
- A worry-free pension plan that also allows you to save extra;
- An NS-Business Card tailored to your personal travel habits. Including a 1st class option, that you can even use for personal trips;
- The option to work part-time;
- Work where and when you perform best: working from home for 2-3 days per week is the new VodafoneZiggo policy;
- We value social impact. You can participate in social initiatives during work hours and increase your positive contribution. An example? By joining our Online Masters program, you can teach children how to navigate the digital world safely and responsibly;
- Setbacks in your personal life? We offer excellent (financial) arrangements to minimize the impact of adversity. For example when you are unable to work;
- Substantial discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and (much) more.
You do it
Are you up to the challenge to be a strong contributor of our Technology Demand Management team? Click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Call Alexander Wich at: +31 6 24927067 or send us a message; firstname.lastname@example.org
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.