As a CI/CD Solution Architect, you live and breathe the “you build it, you run it” mantra. From providing new tools as-a-Service, providing teams with best practices on delivery or giving a training to a team in automation deployment; you enjoy enabling teams in their software delivery. Within the new Digital Engineering Tribe you take the lead in creating the best CI/CD platform.
This is how you do it
- Set up and run CI/CD tools and underlying infrastructure on an enterprise scale
- You have experience with the following technologies and techniques:
- VCS – Git (GitLab, Azure DevOps)
- Continuous Integration (CI) tools – eg. Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps
- Artifact storage – eg. Artifactory
- Automated Provisioning/Deployment tools – eg. Ansible (Tower/AWX)
- Experience with working in an Agile Scrum team
- Experience with both configuring and running services (working in a DevOps team, monitoring CI/CD services)
- Experience with Docker and Container orchestrators (eg. K8S, OpenShift)
- Experience with cloud providers is a pre (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with automated software testing tools is a pre
- Experience with automated security testing tools is a pre
- Lead by example when it comes to CI/CD by automating everything you do in code
- Inspire teams to adopt automation and CI/CD practices through knowledge sharing and training sessions
- Document best practices in our internal knowledge base
The Digital Engineering tribe is a cluster of platform teams that help and enable the software development teams in VodafoneZiggo. In the tribe you will be part of the ‘CD as a Service’ platform team. This is a cross-functional DevOps team fully focused on building the best CI/CD platform and providing the best help and support to the other teams. We have big dreams and ambitious goals we pursue. For this we working hard every day for the very best result. We challenge each other, help each other, continuously improve ourselves and have lots of fun along the way. Obviously as a professional you get a lots of freedom to shape your own work, responsibility and space to put your own ideas into practice.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is a company of two strong Dutch companies who joined forces. Since January 2017, we have been a strong combination together in the Netherlands. As a communication provider we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed telephony and internet. With our products and services we inspire people, companies and society to make contact. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
With more than 8000 employees, we are full of energy, ambitious and socially involved. Proud of what we perform and with whom we do this. With plenty of room for everyone to develop and take advantage of opportunities.
Our organization is rapidly and massively transforming itself to become more customer oriented, more adaptive, more responsive, more data-driven and more digital focused. This implies big changes to our IT and our way of working. The Digital Engineering tribe plays a crucial enabling role in this transformation.
Where do you meet your colleagues? A few examples
- At our frequent team- and tribe meetings.
- In the Ziggo Dome or during a party with all colleagues from VodafoneZiggo.
- For a drink or dinner near our central office, almost on top of the Central Station of Utrecht. How accessible do you want it to be?
You have it in you
A grounded person who keeps calm during busy days and is able to reflect this on others. When there is some quick solution thinking necessary, you already have some options in mind and ready to share it with the team. As CI/CD Solution Architect you know how to provide guidance to others, not just because you have the knowledge available but also because it comes naturally to you.
In addition, you have:
- A proactive mind set and natural curiosity for new technologies
- Multiple years relevant experience in CI/CD Pipelines.
- 2-3 years experience as a technical lead on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Tools and platforms:
- CI/CD and common used tools in the market: Bitbucket, GitLab, Jenkins, Ansible and SonarQube
- Containerization and container platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Cloud-platforms like AWS and Azure
- OpenGroup IT4IT standard
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls.
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately
- If you want, you can work for us part-time
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Jolanda van Roon (recruiter) at: 06-29167836 or send a message; Jolanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
* Pre-employment screening maakt onderdeel uit van de selectieprocedure.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.