This is what you do
The Chapter Lead Digital Products is the expert who is responsible for managing the performance and development of the members and their respective domains belonging to the Chapter. This role coordinates knowledge sharing, technical delivery excellence and improves interactions between roles and within its own Chapter, similar Chapters (within the Tribe), also across Tribes and the organizational stakeholders respectively.
You are owning, leading, and driving the relevant product owners (±10) sitting across the Squads. As the most senior professional of a Chapter, the Chapter Lead is tasked with developing the skills of all Chapter members and has line management responsibilities. You are expected to help stimulate innovation within the chapter, products produced and to ensure best industry / digital technical trends are being reflected within VodafoneZiggo.
The Chapter lead takes on a crucial role into the development of the way of working. You are well versed as a people manager and a seasoned digital expert combining development, innovation whilst safeguarding your field of expertise and who feeds the tribe’s vision and purpose of “ensuring next level, robust and engaging digital experiences”. Whilst doing so, you are not afraid to set high quality standards whilst embracing experimentation, where failure is seen as a means to learn and grow.
Still excited? Please proceed reading to find out more about this role.
This is how you do it
Let’s move on to more in-depth details on how to be successful as a Chapter Lead at VodafoneZiggo (non-exhaustive):
- Overall owner of optimal product(s) value delivery across product owner backlogs - When product owners are unable to define the priority better suited for the tribe, you as overall owner, help in prioritization best suited for stakeholders and squads to fulfill the goals (relevance, predictability, benefit, eliminating of duplications or waste, connecting supply to demand and a sparring partner to stakeholders).
- Help the product owners to use data, so they make data driven decisions based for priority setting and keep stakeholders aligned to best value created. I.e. PO’s are to use data to develop and define user stories/ items and acceptance criteria from the feature and capability roadmaps across product domains of the tribe.
- Defining processes of interaction, transfer of knowledge and tool sharing amongst the members of the Chapter, tribe and stakeholders is one of the key responsibilities.
- Major responsibility includes to facilitate agile events amongst the chapter of PO’s and tribe, smooth processes and assist the teams in delivering value (incl. participate in the sprint planning to reaffirm priorities and clarify requirements, facilitate Demos, Solution and product reviews).
- To gain more value in the tribe and for the company, you encourage collaboration between teams and the system (incl. Solution Architects/Engineering from DT, DE and IT).
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle. Role in management team to collaborate with other chapter leads and portfolio management on optimal resource planning in context of understanding demand from business, deliverables and risks from projects or programmatic priorities of the company.
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices.
- Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, track dependencies and drive relentless improvement across the tribe.
- Establish and communicate the calendars for Iterations and Increments.
- Facilitate QPE / increment and project deliver planning readiness.
- Assist portfolio management tracking of the execution of features and capabilities from within the tribe or delivery unit toward the tribe (e.g. IT / project).
- You create an environment for continuous feedback/learning, coaching and mentoring within the Chapter and toward others for t-shaping.
- Commandeers the PD cycle and GROWth of Chapter members across dimensions.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
- An ambassador to deliver on our company purpose of enjoyment and progress through every connection.
The Digital Tribe values independent thinking and cultivates a true team-up culture. The consistent promise it to deliver next-level digital experiences, for this you bring an energy to ensure only the best potential is unlocked from both our people and products.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other–whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace.
With over 8,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.
You’ve got what it takes
Being a Chapter lead means taking on a brand new role, that’s almost a challenge on itself. Adding up to this and the responsibilities already described; the Chapter lead is overall responsible for the Chapter budget and for all experts within the Chapter who are directly reporting hierarchically.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Master’s degree;
- (SAFe) Product Owner certified;
- 7+ years of professional experience in the area of technical expertise (digital, engineering, product development etc);
- 3+ years of experience as a product owner, product manager;
- Tribe lead, portfolio lead or entrepreneur (ground up) would be advantageous;
- 3+ years of leadership experience;
- 3+ years in people management.
Our ideal candidate:
- Agile: Solid understanding of Agile and other delivery methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Lean, Scrum, SAFe Design Thinking) and can apply Agile ways of working.
- Facilitation: Can apply a range of techniques to support, facilitate and guide management of a group of events to ensure that objectives are met effectively, with clear thinking, good participation and full buy-in from everyone involved.
- Coaching & Mentoring: Creates a professional relationship in order to develop others by using coaching, mentoring, feedback and stretch assignments supporting VodafoneZiggo’s learning culture.
- Change & Adaptability: Evaluates, leads and adapts to change and shifting demands in different situations.
- Can do attitude: #getitdone, building bridges and supporting the organization in transformation.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €5244 and €7492 per month (TW14) plus €800 per month mobility allowance, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme;
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too;
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off;
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls;
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products;
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income;
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately (you will also get €800 a month in mobility allowance);
- If you want, you can work for us part-time;
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best;
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store;
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly;
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan;
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more.
You do it
Are you in? Click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Freek Kranendonk (recruiter) at: 06-4181 6591 or send a message; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please respond until May 15th.
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.