At some point in your career, starting a new IT project isn’t the thrill it used to be. That’s when you should switch to VodafoneZiggo
As a seasoned IT Project Manager, you know the ropes. And even though you always give it your best shot, at some point in your career, the prospect of a new project just isn’t as thrilling as when you started out. If you sometimes suffer from the ‘been there, done that’ blues, a switch to VodafoneZiggo might be just what the doctor ordered. Because our Senior IT Project Managers not only tackle the most diverse and technologically demanding projects, but also contribute directly to the customer satisfaction of over 9.7 million people…
As our Senior IT Project Manager B2B you are accountable for the on-time, on-budget, on-quality delivery of end-to-end IT projects for a range of converged solutions. And if that sounds suspiciously similar to your current position, keep in mind that the ‘devil’ is in the detail. Or rather, in the invigorating scope and impact of the projects you’ll take on at VodafoneZiggo. Projects here range from masterminding an infinitely scalable server park for our new Utrecht office, to helping our marketing department introduce new services to our enterprise customers.
It’s up to you and your team of talented Process and Solution Designers to effectively deliver these projects and manage their operational embedding. This calls for a structured approach and a keen eye for spotting dependencies that require extra tender loving care. Also, the business occasionally wants to tweak the scope/goals of ongoing projects if this can further enhance customer value. So, in addition to strong organizational skills, you’ll need to be quick-witted, and make sure that all stakeholders remain fully informed, engaged and committed.In summing up, you
- Are accountable for end-to-end execution of a variety of IT projects in the B2B domain
- Devise project roadmaps, align and commit all internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the successful delivery of your projects in terms of time, quality and costs
- Develop and advocate best project management practices
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is a company of two strong Dutch companies who joined forces. Since January 2017, we have been a strong combination together in the Netherlands. As a communication provider we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed telephony and internet. With our products and services we inspire people, companies and society to make contact. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
With more than 8000 employees, we are full of energy, ambitious and socially involved. Proud of what we perform and with whom we do this. With plenty of room for everyone to develop and take advantage of opportunities
You have it in you
A proven project management track record in a relevant sector, such as telecoms or similarly commercially oriented environments. You feel at home in a demanding role that requires you to continually strike a balance between ‘business ambitions’ and ‘technical feasibility’. Aligning those is your forte! It hopefully goes without saying that you know how to motivate and facilitate project teams (7-15 people), manage and motivate a diverse set of external vendors to deliver on time their part of the work, are used to leveraging quality/costs, and are IT-savvy enough to challenge hardcore IT professionals at their own level.
- Master’s degree, 5+ years IT project management experience
- Solid IT delivery and design knowledge
- Coding skills aren’t necessary, test affinity would be an asset
- Results-oriented, coaching qualities, strong sense of ownership
This role is positioned one level below the Manager Project Management IT, whom you’ll advise continuously. You will coach an average of 5-15 IT professionals. The total span of service may also include external developers in a variety of countries.
You can work from either our Amsterdam, Maastricht or Utrecht office.
Of course you will frequently travel to all 3 locations.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls.
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately
- If you want, you can work for us part-time
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just send Freek Kranendonk (Recruiter) a message; Freek.email@example.com
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.