Work on the high-traffic digital platforms of VodafoneZiggo
As a (Sr) Frontend Engineer, you provide intuitive, well-functioning and user-friendly web pages and apps to an audience of millions every day. You make what our customers see online. Quite a responsibility, but don’t worry: you don't have to bear that alone.
You will be part of one of our multidisciplinary scrum teams and work on kick-ass projects based on continuous integration and continuous delivery (ci/cd). You get satisfaction from writing high-quality code, unit tests and pipelines. It is your goal to achieve the highest possible conversion and customer satisfaction, as well as effective components for your internal stakeholders: the editors of our content management system.
- You help build the front-end component framework and middleware services.
- You write rock solid code, tests and unit tests.
- You optimise the pipeline and build and run all your software in the cloud.
- You give your colleagues feedback through peer reviews in order to continuously improve the quality of our code.
- You know where the market is going and what tools we need to use to stay in control of the competition.
- You are constantly optimising processes and tools.
- Collaborate: you're not averse to a bit of T-shaping and are interested in other disciplines you have to deal with, such as testing, digital design, web editing, data analysis, backend engineering and DevOps.
- You can easily find your way between technology and business, and between the interests of our customers and the organization.
- Program increments, MVP, scaled agile: you know the drill...
The Digital Channels department in Utrecht manages, designs and develops digital services, such as our websites, chatbot and the My Ziggo and My Vodafone App. In a very dynamic market where technology and customer needs are changing constantly, we only want the best for our customers. Your future colleagues will therefore move effortlessly with the constantly changing circumstances. They do this in scrum teams consisting of enthusiastic and creative professionals who challenge, help and inspire each other.
VodafoneZiggo is a powerful combination of two leading Dutch organizations. We joined forces in January 2017 and together we further increased our success in the Netherlands. As a communications provider, we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile and fixed-line phone service and internet. Our products and services inspire people, businesses and society to connect. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
We are over 8,000 employees strong, brimming with energy and socially engaged. Proud of what we accomplish and of the people that make it possible. And conscientious to provide space for everybody to develop and take advantage of opportunities.
Good to have
The skills to write rock-solid code and a DevOps mindset. You don't keep these skills and mindsets to yourself, but like to share them with others. You're a real team player who understands that you can only move forward together. You also have power of persuasion and communicate easily. Even if you have to explain for the third time why your solution really is the best.
Besides that, you have:
- At least 3 years of experience as a frontend developer, for example within an agency, start up or scale up environment;
- Higher education thinking and working level (hbo+);
- You are able receive and give feedback; good communication skills are required;
- Experience with NodeJs;
- Experience with Git and Gitflow;
- Experience in creating and reviewing unit tests: Karma and Jest;
- Experience in a 'continuous integration' and 'continuous delivery' environment: Jenkins;
- Experience with AWS / Docker is an advantage;
- Experience with Cypress and BackstopJS is an advantage;
- You are living in The Netherlands.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €3750,- and €5500,- per month, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme;
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too;
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off;
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls;
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products;
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income;
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately;
- If you want, you can work for us part-time;
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best;
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store;
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly;
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan;
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more.
You do it
Are you in? Click now on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just send a message; firstname.lastname@example.org
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.